Wednesday, January 23, 2013

student teaching, so far.

I have been in the classroom for two weeks now and I just have to say... I am loving it!

Of course, the job does come with some stress and a lot of work, but all of that falls behind the joy I feel every day when I walk into the classroom. I pray silent prayers over each of their desks before they walk in. I wish good things for them. I pray for their families. I hope for a good day, filled with learning and joy. 


In a class of just 21, I have all kinds of personalitiess: quiet, talkative, calm, excited, thinkers, speakers, quick to act, slow to act, shy, outgoing. I have some serious lovers in my classroom -- kids who make it a point to give me a hug every single day and write me sweet notes. They tell me how glad they are that I get to come to school with them every day. Nothing makes your heart melt like a six-year-old telling you that he loves you. 

People, it just doesn't get any better than that!

2 comments:

  1. SO happy that your experience has been good thus far! (sidenote - 2:30 am posting??) Those kiddos are lucky to have you there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! They bless me. And... Scheduled post :)

      Delete