Monday, January 7, 2013

a whole new world.

Today, I start student teaching. 

For the last year and a half, I have been working toward my Masters. Saturday classes, a 60-hour practicum experience, giving up my Friday nights all summer, textbooks, assignments, papers, exams... It all culminates with student teaching. 

Today, I will meet my cooperating teacher. I will see her classroom, learn the name of her students, and meet the first grade team. Tomorrow, the students will return and I will get to meet them for the first time. Want to know something? 

I AM SO EXCITED!!! 

I've been dreaming about this day for the last 18 months. Heck, I've been dreaming about this day for my whole life. God helped me discern my calling. I chose my career. I pursued an education to equip me. I finished it, and I am. finally. here. 

Yes, I'm excited. I'm also anxious, nervous, and kind of scared. The fear of the unknown is just that, a fear. I don't know what I'm walking into, I don't know what the students will be like, I don't know how they will respond to having another adult in their classroom, I don't know how they'll respond to my lessons and my style of instruction. 

But mostly, I'm excited! 

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt that you will be awesome! May blessings abound on you & the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete