Thursday, December 20, 2012

work that body.

Have you ever had a moment where you just NEEDED to exercise? 

That's a weird question, I know, but I had a moment like that last night. I was driving home from dinner with my family and my head started spinning -- work, work, work, wrapping up my job, thinking about student teaching, Christmas shopping, blah, blah, blah... I knew what I needed to do. I needed to run. 

Running is a new thing for me. For once in my life, I'm actually beginning to enjoy it. I've tried it several times throughout the years and it never clicked. A few months ago, it clicked and I don't dread running anymore. Tonight I needed to clear my head and that's exactly what happened! 

Sometimes, I don't need to run. I need to walk in my living room, roll out my yoga mat, and stretch. I need to twist my body and release the tension that has built up inside my joints. Yoga is cathartic and works wonders when I need to let go of outside worries and focus on the simple things. 

With Christmas just around the corner, I bet some of you are still looking for last minute gifts. If you have an exerciser on your list, here are some suggestions: 






Do you have a kind of exercise that is your go-to for free therapy? Share your favorites with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment