Thursday, November 8, 2012

overwhelmed.

This morning, I've had lots of thoughts running through my head. Here they are, in no particular order:

  • Oh my gosh, I only have a few weeks left to finish my practicum hours!
  • Oh my gosh, I have so much to do in order to finish my last class! 
  • Oh my gosh, Progressive Dinner is in 32 days! 
  • Oh my gosh, Breakthru is right around the corner and we only have 63 kids signed up! 
  • Oh my gosh, I won't have an income in less than two months! 
  • Oh my gosh, what are we doing for Thanksgiving? 
  • Oh my gosh, who are they going to get to replace me? 
  • Oh my gosh, how much can I get done in advance so they won't need a replacement right away? 
  • Oh my gosh, where am I going to get a job for next fall? 
  • Oh my gosh, how am I going to pay my bills next semester? 
  • Oh my gosh, I have to be in a wedding in less than two months! 
  • Oh my gosh, I have to be in another wedding in seven months! 
  • Oh my gosh... 
  • Oh my gosh... 
  • Oh
  • My
  • Gosh. 
You see what I did there? I just listed out my fears. Fear of failure, of money, of the unknown, of the future. 

You see what I didn't do there? I didn't acknowledge that all of this is going to be okay. 

I know that God won't give me more than I can handle. I have learned that time and time and time again over the last two years. I also know that I work best with lists and I work best while listening to classical music. It puts me in a focused state that I'll look up and four hours will have gone by. I won't have moved, but I'll have a whole page checked off. 

Here's to to-do lists and Schubert. I'll see you on the flip side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment