Wednesday, November 14, 2012

morning routine.

I'm really working on my morning routine. In fact, it takes up two (well, three, kind of) spots on my 101 in 1001 list -
#44 - Find a place to spend my mornings. 
#46 - Get into a regular routine of doing a devotional in the morning. 
#54 - Develop a daily routine. 

The fact that I am in a serious transition in my life makes it difficult to get into a routine and keep it. In less than two months, my entire day will be completely different based on where I get placed for student teaching. I could have to be there at 7 a.m., which would really put a kink in my sleeping until 7 a.m. habit currently. 

But that's pretty much an excuse, isn't it? Your schedule could always change, but that doesn't negate your body's need for a good routine to start off your day. By nature, I want to be a morning person and actually do a lot better when I wake up early. Therefore, this is what my routine would ideally look like: 

5:00 a.m. - Wake up! 
5:05 a.m. - Out the door for a quick walk with Cosmo
5:30 a.m. - Hop in the shower
5:45 a.m. - Turn on the news
5:50 a.m. - Make a cup of tea and a slice of toast
6:00 a.m. - Dry hair
6:15 a.m. - Make bed
6:20 a.m. - Do makeup
6:25 a.m. - Get dressed
6:30 a.m. - Gather necessaries for the day and out the door to my morning spot
6:45 a.m. - Devotional & quiet time
7:00 a.m. - Go through emails 
7:15 a.m. - Read through blogs
7:30 a.m. - Off to work! 

Just writing out this list makes me want to try and actually do this starting now! On that note, I may be going to bed very early this evening...! 

1 comment:

  1. I have thoroughly enjoyed waking up at 6am, taking a shower immediately and just wondering around the house doing my own thing for about 30 minutes in the morning. Its so quiet and so peaceful :-) I get to read and drink my coffee that I prepared the night before :-) (your mom taught me that, btw) Routines are the way to go!! I'll encourage you however you need me to! :-D

    ReplyDelete