Thursday, November 1, 2012

final wish.

I'd like to share a video with you that I just discovered. It's about 6 minutes in length and shares the story of a lifetime Colts fan who had his final wish granted by the team. 



This makes me think about my grandparents, all of whom have passed on from this life and into the realm of eternity. This makes me miss them, more than I normally do. It makes me long for the days when I could still pick up the phone and call them. 

Today is All Saint's Day. Every year, on November 1st, we celebrate those who have left this earthly world, and this is the second year in a row that I honor an immediate family member on this day. In March, I lost my last grandparent. This video makes me long for those last two months again. It makes me wish that I had taken the time to see her as often as possible, to call her everyday and tell her that I love her. This video made me realize that even when people are dying, even when they know that their days are numbered, they still want to live. 

I am dying. My days are numbered. It shouldn't take 85 years for me to figure that out. The lesson is to not take your days for granted and to live your life now. I plan on doing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment