Tuesday, October 2, 2012

things I love.


1. Autumn. More specifically, October.


Since when is loving October a trend? I thought nothing of it when I woke up yesterday and tweeted, "Welcome, October. You rock!" I then scrolled through my timeline and noticed that no less than thirty (!) other people tweeted exactly the same sentiment. I'm going on the record and claiming that I've always been a fan of October. I'm an October baby, so you can't challenge me on this.


Regardless of its sudden cool factor or not, October is awesome. The first day rolled in with fog and rain -  the epitome of a perfect fall day. The mum sitting by my front door is in full bloom, a perfect orange. Leaves are starting to fall to the earth, leaving the trees bare as they prepare for winter. The Honeycrisp apples are top notch. There are pumpkins everywhere. I bought two varieties called "Cinderella" and "Fairy Tale." It doesn't get much better than that.


Also, I'll be 25 on the 26th. A quarter of a century. There is no denying that you are officially a grown-up when you turn 25. Excuse me for a moment while I get right on that!


2. Weddings.


My best friend got engaged a week and a half ago. Four days later she asked me to be her Maid of Honor. Today she booked her church and her reception venue. June 1st will be here before you know it and I am so excited and honored to be a part of her big day.


Another of my best friends is getting married on December 29th. She had her first bridal shower this weekend with her fiance's family. I love seeing her loved on by her future family.


I love love.


3. Mumford & Sons.


Y'all. I have had these moments in the past few months listening to their first album, "Sigh No More," where I thought that it would be impossible to top this. Then I bought "Babel."


The whole thing is fantastic. Just go buy it. Just do it. You won't be sorry. My three favorites are "Lover of the Light," their cover of "The Boxer" (umm, Simon & Garfunkel love right there) and "Where Are You Now" (a bonus track on the Deluxe Edition).


4. Quotes.


You're welcome.



"Everyone must take the time to sit and watch the leaves turn." 
Elizabeth Lawrence

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." 
LM Montgomery

"Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter."
Carol Bishop Hipps

No comments:

Post a Comment